Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Spring scenes around our house

The other day William came running inside to tell me to come and look at some new flowers he found. I grabbed my camera and went outside and sure enough he had found some new flowers that I had never seen before.
growing by one of the chain linked fences. If I had a lot of money I would get rid of all the chain linked fences.

After I took a picture of those flowers I looked around and was pleasantly surprised by what I saw. 
Our pomegranate tree covered in leaves already.

whit blossoms on it


I went out to the far back yard to see the remnants of the day Russ took his chain saw to the back yard. He cleared out a lot of dead things and had some nice fires. We still have some burning to do.

And then there is this swing that has been sitting in my back yard covered by weeds and I only discovered it a few days ago! The weeds have since been cut down, but can you believe that? I own a home and I have not examined it enough to notice a swing in my back yard!
Then there is my favorite of all time, the orange blossoms. They make March smell so good.
The lovely clover in my front yard. I wish I could have a yard full of just clover.
William pointed out this flower (weed?) that I have never seen before. I think they are beautiful.

And the kids found some "wishing flowers"




The roses are starting to bloom and when I got close enough to see this little spider I got freaked out, but then  took a picture cause the color contrast was so cool.

But I also had to take a picture of a different rose that didn't have a spider on it. 
I have always loved roses and I am happy every time a new one blooms. Now I just need to learn how to take care of the bushes I have.

Then there are there are the bright yellow and orange flowers that line the driveway. They are starting to die, but we have sure loved them.

And last, but not lease the "caterpillars" covering out driveway and car and sometimes my hair. They are a mess, but they mean that the mulberry tree is getting its leave.

What a beautiful time of year. And what a fun yard we have. I can't wait until we can beautify it some more, but there is a lot of space and it will take a lot of time.

1 comment:

Sarah Millington said...

How fun! I didn't know you had such an awesome yard. Amazing what great things grow in the desert. I love spring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...