Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Last night was hard

Russ put Joesph to bed and like usual when Russ put him to bed he ended crying. I even went in to try and rock him a couple of times but when he got put down he would cry. He finally went to sleep after a few hours of that. Then in the night we he woke to eat for the second time, he would not go back to sleep. I was so tired so I woke Russ to see if he would try and rock him to sleep. He got up and put his pacifier in his mouth and then got back in bed. Even though he was still crying. I was pretty livid. 
Russ told me he was find and just needed to cry himself to sleep. Which is easy for him to say cause HE.CAN.SLEEP.THROUGH.IT!?
I got up to sew some tu-tu's for Gracie's dance class until he finally went to sleep. When I went to bed he woke again and this time I realized it was time for him to eat again, so I got him a bottle, fed him, wrapped him, and laid him down. He went to sleep. And so did I.
Needless to say I slept in and was running a little late getting William's lunch made. Then William started reading Joesph a story. Without me asking. And it helped Joseph stay happy.

It made me feel a lot better to have my little helper William. Being a mom is hard sometimes. Like last night. All I want to do is go to sleep for crying out loud! 

Then I wake and see these pictures of lovely Sunday morning.
My heart swells and I repent.


Cause I love these guys. I love being their mama.


More than anything.


They are worth the nights of lost sleep. And so much more.

2 comments:

Julie Barnes said...

I totally feel your pain! Sleep is such a thing of the past and when I hear about people losing sleep because they "chose" too, I cringe. I love, love, love to sleep! AND yes, those cute little ones are SO worth the lost sleep. (ps. I am a little scared to try the no sulfate shampoo but your hair looks GREAT!)

Jenny B said...

I teared up when I read this post because I had a night just like your's last night, and when I was up I thought maybe it'll get better, but after reading your post I guess it doesn't, but it doesn't matter anyway because it IS worth it.
Joseph is soooooooooooooooooooooo cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...