Thursday, December 18, 2008

Glad Tidings

I have about four drafts in my posts box, but I just wanted to post about how I feel - today - right now. So I don't forget. I have some things making me glad right now.


I am glad that William likes this story and movie as much as I do and I am glad I had a gift card so I could buy the movie. I get choked up every time - such a crazy thought now days- "maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store."
And Christmas this year really did not come from a store in our home. I have mentioned it before that I am doing a handmade Christmas and I am glad that all the gifts to the Tacoma relatives are wrapped and boxed and ready to be shipped today! After Christmas I will post what is inside those boxes.I am also glad that people have purchased their Christmas gifts from my etsy shop and I was glad to wrap up and tutu for a little girl today. It is now ready for mail. It is a cool thought to have made a Christmas present for others that I do not even know. They have a gift from me. I like that.I am glad we discovered how much Gracie loves the song Popcorn Popping. In fact I may have to post a video of it at the end of this post.I am glad that my brother and his wife have such a good eternal perspective and I am glad that I have a family that comes together and makes a good experience out of one that could have been tragic.I am glad that it has been raining for the past few days and that I have the shelter of a home that I seriously love. I keep waiting for the day when I don't walk out of or in our house and think, "I love this house."

I am glad I let William watch The Grinch again even though he had already watched it, because he got a short nap. Gracie woke both of us up really early this morning and she was able to go back to sleep, but William and I had no such luck.I am glad I decided to stay up by myself a few nights ago and watch Little Women as I worked on Christmas cards. I got choked up when I heard the music start at the very beginning. I was so moved by what the mother says to her daughters. "I only care what you think of yourself. If you feel your value lies in being merely decorative I fear that someday you might find yourself believing that's all you really are. Time erodes all such beauty, but what it can not diminish is the wonderful working of our mind, your humor, your kindness, and your moral courage. These are the things I cherish so in you. I so wish I could give my girls a more just world, but I know you will make it a better place." This is something that my mother taught me and I hope to teach my children.

I am glad for this Christmas season and how it has brought change into my life and a new desire to better myself. I love the magic of Christmas and I love that I have a child old enough to really enjoy it. I feel it is only going to get crazier as he gets older, but also more fun.

So seriously,

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

And now... a really cute video...of my daughter being really excited.

2 comments:

Jessie Brown said...

Oh my gosh, Gracie is so dang cute.
Its good to be glad for things.
See ya,
jess

Unknown said...

She is darling! There really is something so sweet about little girls! I love my boys, but there an element missing that only a sister could bring :)

Thanks for such good reminders about the season! I haven't watched Little Women in so long... that is a really important message for all young girls. :)
I am glad to know your brother and SIL are being comforted :) My heart aches for those that have to feel such loss during the holidays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...