Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hows it goin'?...it's goin'.

I realized I haven't posted in awhile and not just because I am busy (I am busy) but because I have not felt like there way anything I needed to post. This last week has been a crazy whirlwind and I thought I should have some sort of documentation for it. So here it is, the brief overview of the last week.
  • Friday - Russ finished his internship at the outpatient Kempton Physical Therapy. It was a place that he really liked and it was nice that is was close enough to us that he could get there in 3 min. on his bike. I spent all day on the phone with moving truck companies and stressing over how we were going to move all our stuff down from Flagstaff. When Russ gets home at 7:00pm (something I will not miss about Kempton PT) we decided that Connie would watch our kiddos and we would leave that night to go to Prescott.
  • Saturday - Wake up in Prescott after an enjoyable late night of catching up with our friends Chris and Brittany. Russ and Chris are already gone scouting and the rest of us go to the swap meet and I got a few treasures. After watching Trenton's soccer game and lunch Russ and I head off to our apt in Flag and start packing.
  • Sunday - we wake up and pack some more. Then we went to our first ward in Flagstaff for Sacrament meeting and realized how much we loved that ward. Then we went home and packed until we were done. I was getting really nervous that all our stuff was NOT going to fit in a 12' truck and some stuff would get left behind.
  • Monday - wake up and start cleaning the apt and packing some more. 10:00 we go to pick up our Penske (recommended) 12' truck. The guy brings us a 16' truck and I feel some excitement and am tempted not to say anything but when it is brought up that it is the wrong size truck the guys says that this is all they had some when got it for the same price. I walk around feeling extremely happy and blessed. Now packing can go much faster with out the stress of arranging everything just so, so that it will fit. And that is what we did the rest of the day. Load! We left around 6:00 pm I in the car and Russ in the truck. On the way home I got call about some scary news about my sister in law and the baby she is expecting in 20 weeks. I had a prayer in my heart the whole way home. (She is now home and on bed rest praying that she won't get an infection). When I got home my feet hurt and both my kids were asleep in their beds.
  • Tuesday - I woke up to see my kids! I missed them. My brother and mom and dad help us move out into the house we hope we will be renting. They are letting us keep our stuff there until we find out for sure, I will post about it when it is more sure, but lets just say I am real excited. I also witness a crazy police chase that ended up on my moms neighborhood. Crazy.
  • Wednesday - We return the moving truck, did rearranging, errand, and Pushing Daisies - ahhh refreshing.
  • Thursday - we went to the mall, watched my niece Vaeh, got Russ' scrubs for his next internship (highway robbery what they charge for those things) and I worked some more on my Halloween dress.
  • Friday - I go looking for second hand scrubs and other things and buy stuff so Russ can take off around 1:00 to go to Prescott to hunt (no comment). I take the kids to Ikea for lunch (we were close to it because I had to drop Russ off at the car he was taking to Prescott) and found a great duvet cover in the as is section that I will be using to make something really fun, but that is for another day.
  • Saturday (today) I just got back from making and taking lunch to the band and crew for this benefit concert. Then we are headed off to my moms to work on some stuff and then I am leaving my kids there so I can go to this concert all by myself.

*funny how at the beginning of this post I used the word "brief".

**my favorite part of this week was the time I spent alone with Russ. Even though, it was not a relaxing vacation, I like to work with him and it was nice just to be with him.

5 comments:

alison huston said...

Sounds like a really boring week, if I knew you had all that time on your hands I'd brought my kids by for you to watch. Where's Russ interning next?

Sara Baldwin said...

sounds like a fun, eventful week! good luck with the next moving steps. :)

amy & i went to the benefit concert as well. wish we had seen you!

Anonymous said...

Well Thank you for keeping updated on Russ too :). I really gained a Love for him at therapy and thank him for all he did to help me :)

Lindsey and Brett said...

Moving is the pits. But, I'm glad everything went smoothly, and I hope you guys get to stay in that house.

Willy in Chile said...

HELLO FUN FAMILY :) just wanted to give you a shout-out and let you know that this Walker loves you all. Jesse and I are convinced that Russ is the funniest man alive.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...