Thursday, August 07, 2008

Celebrating 5 good years

For our anniversary this year my mother watched our children and we took off to Coronado Island. We are notorious for not really celebrating our anniversary. Over the years things have just gotten in the way and so this was really nice to get away.
I felt pretty good the majority of the trip and the weather was perfectly beautiful.
Russ had a grand old time body surfing and I did not get in the ocean for a number of reasons. The ocean and I work better next to each other.
But while he did that I read this and I am done. Sigh. It is good to be done.I noticed our reflection in the window when we were leaving the hotel for dinner. We went to a lovely Italian restaurant where we got Calamari for our appetizer and Russ said it would be fried, cut up octopus legs. Well some of it was like that and then the other half was mini octopi that had been dipped in a deep frier. I actually ate some and didn't get sick.
While we were at dinner I was looking at Russ thinking about the last five years and before I knew it I was crying. Poor Russ didn't know what to do. This pregnancy has definitely been the most emotional of all and anything can set me into tears (like seeing a Taco Bell on our drive up to Flagstaff yesterday).
The past five years have been wonderful, I am so glad that I married this man and for all the time I get to spend with him. I hate to be away from him. In fact the flight home was really packed and we could not sit together so he sat in front of me. I was so sad that I didn't get to sit by him I almost started crying, but I am glad I didn't because I would probably have freaked out the guys I was sitting by. Good thing that flight is super short.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Happy 5th! That looks like a blast. Funny, we have celebrated an anniversary yet either :) Someday...

However, I am glad that you got to read a little :) It only took me 2 1/2 days. I'm glad we don't have to wonder anymore.

sara said...

Debbie!!! What a great trip!!! That is SOOOOOO nice you guys were able to get away!
And what the heck!? CONGRATULATIONS on #3!!!!!!!!!! :) That is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...