So I got tagged for the first time. Here it goes:
1. Gift wrap or gift bags? Gift wrap definitely. I like to get a paper theme and have all the presents match and with real ribbon. It makes them so pretty. Pulling things out of a bag is just not as fun as unwrapping. I had to explain to Russ that it makes the present more fun to open if it is pretty. That is why I had him wrap my gifts, then I tied the bows on.
2. Real or Fake tree? I say real because it smells good and a huge part of Christmas is picking out a tree. Sure it is messy and you have to take care of it, but that is part of Christmas. But, I do understand and don't judge when others have fake trees.
3. When do you put up your tree? Usually the first Monday after Thanksgiving for FHE.
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever. This year we actually already took it down before we went to the valley because it was already shedding needles and I didn't want to have to deal with it when we got back.
5. Do you like eggnog? I can drink it but I don't love it. Russ sure does.
6. Favorite gift as a child? I think that would have to be when my mom made me a play wedding dress. I think I want another one. Every year.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Russ. I think guys are hard to buy for. Mostly because he doesn't usually want anything and if he does it is ridiculous or too expensive. He is like a kid and just wants toys, no cloths.
8. Who is the easiest person to shop for? Kids, they are so easy to please!
9. Do you mail or email Christmas cards? Mail definitely. Making a fun Christmas card has been a tradition for me. I have made them since Russ and I were married and they get more complicated every year. I may have to tone it down some.
10. Worst Christmas present? Okay, I can't answer this because I can't think of one and even if I could I wouldn't say it because it was a present and that would just be ungrateful. I would say a crappy white elephant gift like Jennie did except the one I got last year was kinda cool.
11. Favorite Christmas Movie - This year ELF and always White Christmas
12. When do you start shopping for Christmas? There is not a set time I think I started in October, but I still have one more thing to do then I am done. Except I am thinking of adding one more thing. Oh my gosh I am crazy!
13. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Well, I got a gift card one year and then bought someone a gift with it the next year. Is that bad?
14. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas time. Popcorn cake!
15. Clear or colored lights on the Christmas tree? Clear. And the first year I was married I got these awesome, big, globe lights at walmart and I loved them. Some got broken and I wanted to buy more, but they stopped selling them. What the? They are the coolest!
16. Favorite Christmas song. O Holy Night, especially when my cousin Sara or Josh Groban sings it. Except Josh leaves out a line of the song, anyone else notice that?
17. Travel or Stay home? Since we are in Flagstaff we travel. I think it is important to be around family.
18. Can you name Santa's rein deers? Dasher, Dancer Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and Rudolph. The real question is, can I spell them?
19. Angel or Star on top of the Tree? I like a star, but angels are good too.
20. Do you open presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning? Christmas morning, but the real questions is do you have to take turns opening them? When we were kids it was a free for all, and it was awesome. Now we take turns, but since I am an adult I can handle it.
21. Most annoying thing about the season. Like Jennie said, traffic and lines. It also bugs me how people forget the real reason for the season and are more concerned with getting instead of giving.
22. Favorite ornament theme or color. I like the red and white and some green (but the tree is green, so, you know.) I also like ornaments that mean something or that are homemade. Those are the ones I like to look at when I go to others homes.
23. What do you want for Christmas this year? For everyone to LOVE their presents from me. Seriously. But the gift I would most like to have is a new, really nice camera. But I know it will not happen (at least not for a looooong time.)
And I am adding a question
24. Does Santa wrap or leave the presents out? He wraps, sometimes there is a present or two sitting out but for the most part, he wraps. And for my kids it is with special paper that is the same every year!
Okay I tag Jacie, Tia, Carolyn, Jenny, and Emelie
2 years ago