Thursday, September 21, 2006

Devil child + stupid mom = angry Debbie

Oh, I am so mad.
I just got back from the Library with William and there was this girl there who is at least a year older than William. I noticed she was kinda weird, like she would talk funny and ignore everything her mom said. I saw her go over to William and put a spoon over one of his eyes. He smiled at first, but he tried to move and she wouldn't let him and he started crying. Even still she was persistent on keeping the spoon on his eye, and she started mimicking his cry. I try not to make a big deal about stuff like this because I don't want him to cry every time a kid touches him. So I went and got him and tried to get him to calm down. The little girl's mom came and said, in an unbelievably calm voice, "we can't do that", or something stupid like that. Then later while he was playing some more she came up to him and shoved a toy spatula on his eye. He started crying again and I picked him up and took him to play with the puzzle and her mom came and got her and got up and left. "Yes!", I thought, "now he can play in peace." A little while later I saw another mom that was there try to warn me (in Spanish) that the devil girl was running back, full speed towards William. Lucky for her, she went to the toys instead. He came over to sit on my lap and I was prepared to make sure she didn't touch him again, because I was quite sure that she enjoyed making him cry. So Russ calls me and I am on the phone and she comes over and grabs his hand and I have to sick my fingers underneath her to get her to let go. She does this a couple of times and then tries to grab his shirt. Then she starts yelling in William's face, "the rinosaurus was ANGRY!" While she gritted her teeth. Scary huh? Keep in mind that her mom is sitting 2 yards away chatting with a friend. She would put her face right up on William's and he smiled and said kiss, even though she was not giving him a kiss. She did this a couple of times and the next thing I know she has her claws in his eye! I pushed her back and said in a rather loud voice for the library, "Hey!, No!" Her mom then came over and got her and I hung up with Russ and tried to comfort William. When "Mom of the Year" saw the claw marks on William's face she said, "oh are those scratches? Lordy May, I need to cut her finger nails."
Can you believe that?! What I wish I would have said is, 'Some discipline probably would't hurt either.' We ended up leaving, because William said, "go" in a very sad voice after that.
Now I am the most non-confrontational person since I didn't say anything, but I plan on working on it and being able to tell people what they need to hear. That mom needs to be sent to Dr. Phil or something so that he can tell her, "you are bigger than your daughter and you are responsible for teaching her how to act." Sorry for writing so much, but people like that really make me mad.

2 comments:

Jacie said...

Check out www.kemptonfamily.blogspot.com. This is the blog of that friend of Nate's that is in Russ's class.

Kriese Family said...

yeah- that's quite the devil child!! How frustrating!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...